Although New York Fashion Week Fall 2017 has come and gone, the collections that walked down the runways this season have left us with style inspiration for months to come. I have been religiously keeping up with the Chanel and Tom Ford collections (ugh, my heart ♡), but some new comers definitely caught my eye. Despite the fact that Chicagoans are just now shedding their winter coats and making their way out of hibernation, some of the styles I saw from NYFW have me seriously amped up fall and winter of 2017.
If you’re impatient like me, waiting 5 months for these new styles may seem like a lifestyle. Luckily, there were so many standout, fresh looks at NYFW that fashionista’s everywhere can incorporate into their wardrobes right now!
Check out my favorite looks from the week below! What did you think of this year’s collections?!
Trending Styles From NYFW:
Resort Wear 2017:
- Colorful bold stripes in swimwear, skirts dresses and blouses
- All different shades of yellow made its way into so many different pieces that look like vacation (and sunshine!)
- Shoulder cut outs and off the shoulder styles made their way back but in a totally unique way. It is the season of the shoulder, ladies!
- For jackets – oversized fit, puffer coats, shearling and fur were everywhere
- Textures, lush fabrics like silk and especially crushed velvet took the runway by storm
- Fringe, fringe, and more fringe!
- Burgundy and heavy metals took over the color scheme this year. This fall we’ll be seeing lots of metallic numbers, extra cozy sweaters, and at least 50 shades of burgundy!
My Top Runway Looks:
Diane von Furstenberg
The first runway look that caught my eye was from Diane von Furstenberg’s Fall 2017 Ready-To-Wear collection. I worried that nothing would ever top Jonathan Saunder’s spring debut as DVF Chief Creative Officer, but OMG this collection was unbelievable. She showcased statement pastel fur garments. I feel completely in love with the way she styled each look for the runway. From socks tucked into booties, printed bags, textures and silhouettes, it makes me want to see snow in Chicago again! (…just kidding…kinda…)
This next runway look is from Dennis Basso’s Fall 2017 Ready-To-Wear collection. His furs are so magnificent. I loved this look in particular, where he combined a silvery long fur wrap, with an elegant velvet full length skirt. Bad and Boujee, baby!
This look is from Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2017 Ready-To-Wear line. I can’t even tell you how thrilled I am about this collection because it channels Clueless circa 1995. This oversized corduroy jacket is absolutely to die for. I also like the muted metallic slip dress.
This last runway look absolutely took my breath away. This embellished nude gown from La Perla’s 2017 collection screams ethereal beauty! The gown was so delicate, yet blingy! The combination of pearls, crystals, the sheer material was just stunning. Kendall Jenner and Naomi Campbell totally rocked the show.
What was your favorite NYFW look from this year?! Comment your faves below 🙂